Top Ad unit 728 × 90

My Virgin Post and Some Great News

Wow! So this blog has just been created and for the very first post, I will share some good news. (Who doesn't love good news?)




In early June of this year I stumbled across a sci-fi short story competition. The first prize was 50 pounds and the entry fee was 3.50 pounds. So I thought, 'what the heck, might as well enter'. Two hours later and after playing around with a time travel story I'd written seven months earlier, my short story blinked across time and space like the protagonist of my story.


About a month later, I received an email from that competition informing me that I didn't win, which which left me with a very familiar feeling of disappointment. Where had I felt this disappointment before? Was it the time the aliens didn't arrive in my backyard when I tried to summon them like this guy did? No. Was it the day I walked out of the cinema after seeing the highly anticipated Spider-Man 3 (63% on RottenTomatoes, deservedly so), feeling slightly angry that Sam Raimi and Tobey 'emo' Maguire had just taken my hard-earned money that my parents had given me? No. Was it the thirty or forty times I bought a lotto ticket, only to find out that I didn't win a million dollars? I'm just not sure what I felt, but those feelings quickly dissolved into my memory banks as I read the final bit of the sentence:

"I am happy to tell you that your story has been selected for publication in the anthology."
My reaction? It was a simple 'FUCK YEAH!' I felt a real 'joy' that I hadn't felt for a very long time because in that period when I sent out my story, I was in the middle of my university's one month mid-year break where I didn't manage to get one word of writing done because I was so distracted by video games (FIFA 12 and Starcraft 2, why must you be so addictive?). 

So to Bernie and anyone else at Words Just Words Publishing who took the time to read my short story and decided that it was good enough to publish in your anthology, all I can say is this:


THANK YOU VERY MUCH!


THANK YOU!


Thank you.


Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, it reignited my passion for writing and I felt alive. Really alive.


And I've just purchased a copy of the anthology that contains my short story 'A Moment In Time' on page 132.


And here is the anthology that was published just days ago in all it's wonderful glory for the world to buy on Lulu.com:




If You Could Only See Yourself and other stories (paperback)


If You Could Only See Yourself and other stories (eBook)


I shall now be waiting patiently for it to arrive in my letterbox. Once it arrives, it will feel the softness of my skin, lips, ears, cheeks (both) and nose upon it. Okay, maybe not, that's a bit weird.


Until next time, something wonderful awaits.


*Update* 


As I finished writing this post, I checked my email and this arrived earlier today:

"Thank you for entering the 2012 Brimbank Writers Awards.

We received a large number of high quality entries and the judges had the unenviable task of selecting just a small number of entries out of the many submitted. Unfortunately, on this occasion, your entry was unsuccessful. We encourage you to continue writing and look forward to next year’s awards."
Hey, at least it didn't cost me a thing to enter the competition

Thanks for reading!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @Tuan_Ho444


If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to this blog in the top left hand corner.


Until next time, something wonderful awaits!
My Virgin Post and Some Great News Reviewed by Unknown on 22:37 Rating: 5
All Rights Reserved by Tuan Ho | The official website of author Tuan Ho © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by mammuth. Powered by Blogger.