Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Author Interview - Ferris Robinson, Author of Dogs and Love - Stories of Fidelity

Hi everyone! Do you love dogs? Do you love a good book? Well today, I have a wonderful author interview with Ferris Robinson that will fulfill both of those needs. Ferris is the author of Dogs and Love: Stories of Fidelity. The book has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Amazon and is currently FREE to download. So what are you waiting for? Check out this interview and check out Ferris' amazing book.

Ferris Robinson, author and dog lover.
1. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE? 
Well, I'm an empty-nester with two dogs, and although I've always loved my dogs, I noticed my attachment to them getting stronger after my sons left. One of my stories is about my husband inviting our sons out to the lake for the afternoon. 

Going to the lake together was always a high point of our summers when they were young, but none of them were able to go at the last minute. So we loaded up the two dogs and puttered around the lake at sunset in a boat, On Golden Pond style. And I recollected doing the same thing twenty years ago, but with my babies.

Tell us a little bit more about yourself.
I love to cook, and love to eat even more. Twenty years ago my husband had open-heart surgery at age 34 and we had to change our diet. I wrote a cookbook, The Gorgeless Gourmet's Cookbook: Practically Fat-Free Recipes for Super-Busy People, and I'm re-releasing it this Spring.
 
2. CAN WRITERS CHANGE THE WORLD?
I think so. A new perspective can open a mind, and that can bring change.

3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK AND WHY?
I love Fair and Tender Ladies by Lee Smith. It shows such a transition in the MC, and her last line, unpunctuated, has always stayed with me: I wore my body like a queen

4. WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR NEW AND UP-AND-COMING WRITERS?
READ! Read novels and how-to books on the craft and everything you can get your hands on! And WRITE! Then rewrite! No excuses! (I need to take my own advice!)

5. IF YOUR BOOK WAS TURNED INTO A MOVIE, WHO WOULD DIRECT IT? WHO WOULD STAR IN IT?
Peter Hedges would direct it, and Diane Keaton would star, along with my two dogs of course!

Peter Hedges, sitting on his lawn, looking creepy. Peter Hedges is also the screenwriter of About a Boy, Dan in Real Life and some other movies.

Diane Keaton, feeling good and wearing her trademark gloves. It's rumored she wears gloves every waking second of her life -- in her sleep, in the shower and even when she's milking cows and strangling newborn chimpanzees.
6. IF YOU WEREN'T A WRITER, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING NOW?
I would open a cozy little restaurant, and bring tidbits home to my dogs every night. 

7. IF THE WORLD ENDED TOMORROW, WHAT WOULD YOU DO TODAY?

I would take a hike with the dogs down a beautiful trail near my house -- it winds along a creek that runs down the side of the mountain and rushes over gigantic boulders, and makes deep pools in spots. There are several spots for picnicking. And I'd bake a buttermilk pie and eat it with vanilla ice cream, and I'd make someone brush my hair for a long time.

Thank you Ferris. It was great chatting to you today.  

Your love for dogs has almost convinced me to get one myself -- but it'll have to wait -- I'm still waiting for my order of 1000 lemurs to arrive (I bought them to help me proofread my manuscript).

Ferris' book, Dogs and Love - Stories of Fidelity, will be FREE on Amazon from March 20 to March 21. It currently has thirty 5-star reviews -- yes 30 -- that's quite impressive -- so you should definitely check it out.

Here's a quick reader review from Amazon:

"This book is uplifting, inspirational, funny and most of all heartwarming!" - W. Kelley


You can connect with Ferris Robinson via the links below: 

Twitter: @fkrobinson

Thanks for reading!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @Tuan_Ho444

If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to this blog in the top left hand corner.


Until next time, something wonderful awaits!
Author Interview - Ferris Robinson, Author of Dogs and Love - Stories of Fidelity Reviewed by Unknown on 13:04 Rating: 5
All Rights Reserved by Tuan Ho | The official website of author Tuan Ho © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by mammuth. Powered by Blogger.