Top Ad unit 728 × 90

BOOK REVIEW: Purple Rocks by Marcelle Liemant

Hey everyone! I've now got a 7-week mid-year break from uni and I'll be spending that time finishing my novel (which I hope will be an orgasm of awesomeness!) But when I'm not writing 5,000 words a day, I'll be reading as many books as I can from self-published indie authors along with books on my bookshelf that I bought because it was super-duper cheap!

PURPLE ROCKS by Marcelle Liemant
Look at those tasty purple rocks! Yummy!
I read Purple Rocks by Marcelle Liemant (possibly related to Marcellus Wallace?) today. It's a great short story about people who take these drug thingies called 'Purple Rocks'. Since it's an incredibly short story, I don't want to say much more about it without spoiling the whole thing.

When reading a dystopian story, you have to ask yourself this: Would I want to actually live in the world that I'm reading?
 

I definitely don't want to live in the Purple Rocks world. And that's the mark of a great dystopian story.

Since it's a short story, there's so much more to explore and I hope Marcelle Liemant gives us more because if this was expanded into a much longer story, I have no doubt it'd be a masterpiece.

Marcelle is a great writer and I really do look forward to whatever she has coming out next. So if you want a taste of her writing, go grab a copy of Purple Rocks and let it rock your world so much that you'll beg for more of Purple Rocks!

You should also check out her website: http://marcelleliemant.com

It's really fantastic. There are lots and lots of great articles on 'creativity' and the power of the brain, subconscious, etc. -- basically, if you're a writer, you really need to stop by and read them.

She also has a Twitter: @MarcelleLiemant

And here's a badly taken photo of me reading Purple Rocks on my Mac:

I need a haircut ASAP.
And here's a photo of me looking at the photo I took of me reading Purple Rocks on my Mac:

I never realized my ears looked like Spock's from behind.
BOOKS I'M CURRENTLY READING
Wool by Hugh Howey
The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
NRPD: The mean streets by Nick Burrill

BOOKS I'M PLANNING TO READ
Night Bells by L.M. Sherwin
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Everville: The First Pillar by Roy Huff
Beginning of a Hero by Charles E Yallowitz
Foundation by Isaac Asimov

And a shitload of other books on my shelf and kindle. I can't wait to read them all! 

Thanks for reading!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter:


If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to this blog in the top left hand corner.


Until next time, something wonderful awaits!

BOOK REVIEW: Purple Rocks by Marcelle Liemant Reviewed by Unknown on 20:27 Rating: 5
All Rights Reserved by Tuan Ho | The official website of author Tuan Ho © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by mammuth. Powered by Blogger.