Top Ad unit 728 × 90

BOOK REVIEW: Vibe: Grey Apathy by Kayla Curry

If you don't know, I really do love my sci-fi. And if you do too, then you need to check out this new world that the amazing Kayla Curry has created in her book, Vibe: Grey Apathy. It's the first book in a whole series of books.

VIBE: GREY APATHY by Kayla Curry

When I read this book, I was reminded by a TV show from late 90's. Was it Rugrats? No. How about Full House? No. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers? Not even close. It was actually Total Recall 2070.

A pretty good show. Actually, it's 35,000 times better than that Colin Farrell Total Recall remake.

It starred Michael Easton and a bunch of other people and was a good show. As you can probably tell from the title, it's based on Philip K. Dick's work and inspired by Ridley Scott's Blade Runner.


Michael Easton giving his best Blue Steel.
So what's Kayla Curry's book about? I'll let her Amazon description say it all:

Welcome to a world where emotions have become weapons, currency and livelihood. Welcome to Vibe City.
We follow two detectives with very cool names, a woman named Prism and a dude named Atramen. This Atramen name has been stuck in my head all day like a catchy song. I just enjoy saying his name over and over. I will probably go crazy repeating his name. I might just have to injure some stray cats to get rid of this madness -- and if I do, Kayla Curry will have blood on her hands for coming up with such a catchy character name.

With any story, you always need a brilliant ending, and the last line in this book -- which is actually only one word -- is a ripper because it packs in so much character development. And it's just one word. ONE WORD I tell ya!

So what are you waiting for? Go grab a copy of Vibe: Grey Apathy now. If you don't, you just might be one of the unlucky few who will know my madness after I've repeated the name 'Atramen' ten thousand times. Don't take the risk.

Please note: The book is roughly 9,000 words, I think.

You can follow Kayla on Twitter: @KaylaCurry1

And check out her website: http://paranormallounge.blogspot.com.au/

She's also the mega-genius-mastermind behind the Blogger Book Fair. The next one is coming up real soon, and if you're an author, you really need to sign up as you'll get a lot of exposure from it. 

Sign up here (it's FREE, doesn't cost a thing): http://bloggerbookfair.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/authors-bloggers-sign-up-for-blogger.html

BOOKS I'M CURRENTLY READING
Wool by Hugh Howey

The Forever War by Joe Haldeman

NRPD: The mean streets by Nick Burrill

Everville: The First Pillar by Roy Huff 


BOOKS I'M PLANNING TO READ

Pipe Dreams by Destiny Allison
Night Bells by L.M. Sherwin

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Beginning of a Hero by Charles E Yallowitz

Foundation by Isaac Asimov


And a shitload of other books on my shelf and kindle. I can't wait to read them all!


Thanks for reading!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter:


If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to this blog in the top left hand corner. 


Until next time, something wonderful awaits!

BOOK REVIEW: Vibe: Grey Apathy by Kayla Curry Reviewed by Unknown on 11:55 Rating: 5
All Rights Reserved by Tuan Ho | The official website of author Tuan Ho © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by mammuth. Powered by Blogger.